TCO A) At a retreat by the Salisbury City Council, community leaders held a discussion on attracting a...
New solution updates
1. (TCO A) At a retreat by the Salisbury City Council, community leaders held a discussion on attracting and developing new businesses and increasing employment rates in the city. One leader suggested that the city consider sponsoring a business incubator. Explain what an incubator is and how this might help the city meet its goals. (Points: 30)
2. (TCO A) Explain how computer-aided design and flexible manufacturing help create small niches in the market place. Provide and example of how a market with different niches might be served. (Points: 30)
3. (TCO B) In the 1970s, Church & Dwight began selling Arm & Hammer Baking Soda Deodorant. Within 6 months the product was very successful and another company released Arm & Arm Deodorant to try to capture some of the market created by the Church & Dwight product. Can Church & Dwight prevent the other company from selling their product? What must Church & Dwight do? (Points: 29)
4. (TCO B) Andrew designed a license plate holder for automobiles that attaches to a car in such a way as to make theft of the license plate practically impossible. He has limited income and feels that he needs to protect his patent in numerous countries so he can sell his product there later on. Explain how Andrew can accomplish this. (Points: 29)
5. (TCO C) Prahalad and Hamel offer three tests to identify a firm's core competencies. List the tests, explain them, and provide examples.
6. (TCO D) Poduck Regional Medical Center has decided to build a new wing for its outpatient services. Poduck wants to know which services are important to its patients in this new wing. Do they prefer large waiting rooms for family members or small rooms adjacent to recovery rooms? Do they prefer patient advocates to keep them informed or would nurses be better? What technique would be appropriate to come up with weights and tradeoffs for these types of services? Explain why the technique you recommend is best. (Points: 29)
Solution ID:350849 | This paper was updated on 26-Nov-2015Price : $30