New solution updates
"Read the Experiential Exercise on pages 178 and 179 in your textbook. Select one of these scenarios
• Scenario 1
o You will design and sell the products yourself, as well as oversee production.
o You will start with a workforce of five people.
• Scenario 2
o You intend to devote all of your time to sales to increase revenues, leaving all other functions to other individuals.
o You will start with a workforce of nine people.
Then perform the following
• Why did you choose the scenario with five people or the scenario with nine people?
• Explain the organizational design you will use. Explain in your own words how your organizational design will help the company function and work. (Note: You must use one of the designs you learned about in the chapter: H-form, M-form, U-form, or matrix. Explain why you chose that form for your company. In addition to your written explanation you may draw your organizational design, as well.)
4. Based upon your response to question #3, please answer the following questions
• What are your thoughts about starting out too large to maintain stability, as opposed to starting small and then growing?
• What basic factors did you consider when choosing a design?
• Now assume that five years have passed and that your business has been a big success. You have a large factory that makes your chocolates and ships them to 15 states. You employ almost 500 people. Create an organization design that you think best fits this organization. How many departments do you think you will need?
PART II: LIRN Library Exercise
Directions: In Chapter 7, you read about the nature of organizational change and innovation. In this exercise, you will continue to hone your research skills and practice using of APA formatting.
1. Visit the LIRN Library.
2. Locate the following articles
• Demirdjian, Z. S. (2008). Strategic management trends in cyberage. Journal of American Academy of Business, Cambridge, 13(1), 3-I,II,III. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/222867784?accountid=141600
• Berkman, R. (2013). How social tools can help your company avoid strategic failure. MIT Sloan Management Review, 54(2), 1-4. Retrieved from http://search.proquest.com/docview/1266763125?accountid=141600
3. Please take note of the APA formatted citations above, as you will need these for your Reference section. It is important to remember that the citations in the Reference section differ in format from the in-text citations, i.e., citations that you include within written work.
4. Find a statement in the Demirdjian article, a statement from the Berkman article, and a statement from Chapter 7 that agree with each other and seem to reinforce one another.
5. Copy these direct quotes and be sure to use quotation marks as well as proper in-text APA citation.
6. Write one to two sentences in which you explain why you believe these statements complement one another."
Solution ID:350862 | This paper was updated on 26-Nov-2015Price : $40