New solution updates
1. This assignment is due (in hardcopy form) by the beginning of your class on the date shown
above. Assignments up to 24 hours late will receive a 25% penalty. Assignments more than 24
hours late will not be accepted. Late assignments can be given to Helen Ho in HA 266 or to Ines
Bilec in the Undergraduate office or can be given to your instructor.
2. Extensions are possible only for genuine emergencies. Permission for the extension must be in
advance (i.e. at least 24 hours before the assignment is due) and must be accompanied by
appropriate documentation. See Ines Belic in the Undergraduate Office.
3. Show your working for all questions. Please be concise with your answers, and clearly identify
the answer to the specific question you are being asked. Please carry 2 non-zero digits to the right
of the decimal for answers that do not work out to whole numbers. Explain your reasoning where
asked to do so.
4. Please use the remaining pages (not this page) as a template. You may type in your answers
before printing out the document or you may print out the document and print your answers neatly
by hand. Your answers must be neat and easily readable. If not, marks will be deducted or the
answer will be ignored entirely. If in doubt, type your answer. Please confine your answer to the
allowed space. Do question 7 before printing out the template as question 7 requires you to cut and
paste a spreadsheet into the template.
5. Some of the questions have lines on which you are to write the answer. Do not exceed this space.
Part of your task is to choose the right thing to say in a small space.
6. If you do not follow these instructions you will not get full credit for your work.
7. Students often like to work together in doing assignments. However, this is NOT a group
assignment. It is primarily an individual effort. The basic rule about joint work is that it is
acceptable to discuss questions with classmates but you must do the actual write-up of the
assignment on your own. You must not copy someone else's answer. Copied or plagiarized answers
will be subject to appropriate penalties.
8. You may use pen or pencil but if you use pencil we cannot review situations where you think
there is a marking mistake (except addition errors).
9. The assignment is challenging. Do not leave it to the last minute. When doing each question it is
a good idea to find and read the relevant sections of the textbook first. Good Luck.
Solution ID:351216 | This paper was updated on 26-Nov-2015Price : $35