New solution updates
"For this project, use the concepts in Units 5 and 6 and your own observations to identify the roles of verbal and nonverbal communication in interpersonal interactions.
Tune in to your favorite television program, or section of a movie (you should watch at least 20-30 minutes for enough interaction to analyze). Watch the show at first with the sound turned off so you can observe and analyze the nonverbal communication (you can record the show or watch it on a network website so that you can view it more than once).
As you view the program, examine the nonverbal communication that you see taking place and take notes. For instance: Who is sitting close to other people? Who is motioning wildly as he/she speaks? Who is hitting or touching another person? What emotions do you see being displayed? Do you see anyone breaking a social norm? What about personal appearance? Atmosphere?
Then watch the show a second time with the sound. Take notes on your thoughts as you watch the verbal and nonverbal interaction. Now, that you have all these observations and your notes, you are ready to answer the project questions
1. What is the name of the show? Who are the main characters and what are their relationships to each other?
2. What are five nonverbal types that you observed in the program? Explain with details from the program.
3. Was it easy or difficult to understand what was happening in the action while only observing the nonverbal cues? Explain with examples.
4. What affect did the nonverbal communication have on the characters involved?
5. When you viewed the verbal and the nonverbal together, explain a situation where they contradicted each other. When this happened, which did you believe? Explain why with specific examples.
6. What parts do verbal and nonverbal communication play in effective interpersonal communication?
7. What did you learn from this project?
Preparing your Project
• For this project, you are answering the questions, not writing a traditional paper. You can copy the questions listed above into a Word document and then add your answers.
• Your answers should be composed in complete sentences and paragraphs, and the entire project should be a total of 500 to 600 words, or about two pages.
• Use one-inch margins on all sides of the document.
• Use a 12-point font such as Times New Roman or Arial.
• If you cite references (such as the text), you need to provide the source information.
• Your project should demonstrate careful proofreading.
Non verbal codes
• Body Language
• Hand Gestures
• Physical Appearance
• Personal Space
Solution ID:480248 | This paper was updated on 26-Nov-2015Price : $25